Wednesday, February 18, 2015

a love like that

love is good. love is great. there are so many different types of love.
i feel love when i see snow on the ground
i feel love when my mom makes me breakfast
i feel love when i see others in love
i feel love when i eat sushi
i feel love when i listen to John Mayer, no one says it better than John Mayer

something about those love songs that make you want to feel and be loved. I may have been 16 when i first met him and 17 when we kissed and 18 when he left but it feels like i have been with him for a life time. older people say we are to young and i say they are to old.

It was a love, maybe not one that will last forever but i was in love. we grew together like vines do around a house. we knew each others thoughts and ways like a bird knows its way back to its nest in a world of trees. It was special, nothing like your first love (so I'm told, but I'm waiting for the next one to come and rip my heart out of my chest)




1 comment:

  1. "Older people say we're too young and I say they are too old" #PREACH ps-I loved how you told the love story by talking about being 16, 17, and 18.

    ReplyDelete