Wednesday, March 11, 2015

fear

FEARS
heights            
people touching my armpits 
crickets 
being murdered 
college
my grandma
friends
bananas 
having ugly children
tearing my ACL
this world
afraid of settling
not seeing the world
fish 
the unknown
space 
my future
spelling
people
going to the doctors alone
dieing at a young age
dissappoinment 
falling in the shower
crows 
raising my hand

HEIGHTS scare me but i want to go sky diving, paragliding, bungy jumping, etc. 


COLLEGE scares me but i get to meet new people, have a fresh start, really get educated how i want, and live on my own. 

I'm afraid of SETTLING settling for my husband, for my life, for my education, for my opportunities  

THIS WORLD scares me because its so corrupt and different but it has beauty and good people, opportunity, jobs, dreams, adventure, but the world crushes your dreams and that scares me. 

which leads into the fear of RAISING MY CHILDREN in the strange ugly yet beautiful forgiving world. i guess its society that crushes dreams and can ruin a humans life, but its the type of world we live in that changes things

With fear comes great opportunity. (at least from most of my fears)

"fear is the enemy of faith"

3 comments:

  1. Ah so beautiful.
    I love that quote at the end.
    I love this whole post.
    I'm afraid of going to the doctor alone and falling in the shower too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting how the things we want are things that we also fear and I've been thinking about that all week and you captured that concept really well and also same about falling in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im scared of settling too. like that terrifies me. and the whole rest of this post was great.

    ReplyDelete