Tuesday, February 3, 2015

what used to be the good days

i remember playing house.
i remember playing by myself, imagining my own universe.
i remember running around with no shoes not having a care in the world.
i remember being pushed on the swings wanting to go higher but couldn't cause i was to wimpy and my stomach couldn't handle the butterflies
i remember finally being tall enough for those enormous roller coasters and loosing my mind and laughing and crying cause it hurt so good.
i remember being outside more than i was indoors.
i remember going on field trips and how it was such a special occasion.
i remember going to the zoo and wanting to be an animal trainer, then the next day i wanted to be a whole new person and i could be.
i remember staring at the clock waiting for the bell to ring to get those permanant grass stains on my skidded up knees.
 these were the good days. these are the days i crave for.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how i crave to live in these days! your writing was a perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. We're going to do an I Remember prompt later this semester (maybe). It looks like you already got it down.

    ReplyDelete